You’ve Been Elfed*
(*This activity requires adult supervision.)
- Holiday cookies, candy or a small toy
- An Elf Magic Elf (Don't have one yet? Meet the Elf Magic Elves!)
- Festive goodie bags/sacks and ribbon for tying closed
- White card stock and a printer
- Red & green crayons or markers
- Be sure and take your Elf Magic Elf along on this secret family Elfcapade.
- Fill a holiday themed goodie bag/sack with festive cookies, candy or toys and tie closed with a ribbon.
- Download and print the ‘You’ve Been Elfed’ poem and card sheet.
- Cut along the card sheets dotted line to create two separate cards and fold.
- Sometime before Christmas, find a neighbor or friend that has not be Elfed and are home. Secretly leave the treat bag, poem/instructions and two cards at their front door.
- Ring the doorbell or knock and RUN!
- Hide around the corner or in the bushes to see their reaction when the door is opened. Don’t give your location away!
- The neighbor will now tape or hang one of the cards to their windows or front door to show the neighborhood they have been ‘Elfed’.
- The neighbor can make a copy of the poem and cards and take a turn ‘Elfing’ someone new and pass the game along.