(*This activity requires adult supervision.)
The Elf Magic Elves have many pets at the North Pole but the reindeer keep them very busy. After a long day in the stable, Mrs. Claus always treats the Elves with these festive cookies.
Elves are great baking partners. To find an Elf of your own, click here: Meet the Elf Magic Elves!
- Easy – Store bought gingerbread dough or if not allergic – peanut butter dough
- Moderate – homemade ginger bread dough / peanut butter dough recipe
- Chocolate-covered mini pretzels
- Mini brown M&Ms
- Regular-sized red M&Ms – if you don’t want to buy minis regular brown M&Ms will work
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. To make reindeer-shaped cookies, pinch the bottom of the ball slightly to form a point, and then gently flatten with your hand. Space cookies about 2”inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake by package directions, watch until set or just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately and gently press two mini pretzels into the tops of the cookies for the reindeer’s antler. With the M’s not showing, press two brown M&Ms in for their eyes and one red or green M&M for the nose.
- Allow to cook a couple of minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack or flat surface to cool.